there it is in a small pile of patches we got done this week. We have a much larger stack of them, including the back patch I designed. They are all black ink on either light tan or dark red.
New material is getting mastered by Captain Henry in Nashville, TN as I type. If nothing (else) goes wrong, we should be proofing them next week, deciding what songs are getting used and shipping them out to Idoneum Bello records in Germany. We played last night in Cleveland and short of a few missteps, I would consider it a success, unlike the other show we played which was epic fail. Who knew a triple rectifier running a full marshall stack could equal up to epic fail? Well, we found a way. Last night, the volume was once again totally out of control and nothing seemed to work the way I wanted it too on my end, but we only totally trainwrecked on one song, and we played this show with exactly zero practice since we wrapped up recording. People stared at us, some plugged their ears, but for the most part, everyone stayed in the room. I'll update this post maybe with the full story of how the rest of the show went, but I will say it ended up with the co-mingled odors of red bull, paint fumes, fire retardant, vomit and gunpowder in the air. Quite possibly the pallor of hell itself. Disgusting. Epic fail was not ours this time around. Hell of a story. Maybe I'll get around to blogging about it at a later time. For now, I am glad that I got a logo together and everyone likes it and it looks good.
There is a picture of the backpatch I designed too. I am going to be "That guy" and because I designed it and I like it, and it's my band, I am attaching it to MY denim. This is in a preliminary phase using safety pins to hold it in place until such time as I have an hour free to stitch the bastard on officially. I like it. It's got a guy getting stretched out on the rack and getting hot lead poured down his throat. Awesome.
The Ribbon Device – Saturation Day (2006)
2 weeks ago